Making a convert is great! Developing a convert into a disciple is a better thing. It is also a more difficult thing. Our packet offers a system and introduces the training material to keep converts.
Included is a “How and Why of New Convert Care.” This sustainable strategy works. It shows you what to do and why it is done in this way. These intentional actions work to “velcro” people into your church.
- Letters/emails to send converts
- Plan & hand-outs for counseling a person when they are baptized.
- Job Description for Discipleship Director
- A strategy for a convert to build new friendships
The Teaching Material
Babies need their own diet. Babies cannot survive on the best steak. Converts MUST HAVE their own diet!
Take Root – 10 lessons introducing converts to Christian living and giving an Apostolic foundation. This introductory packet includes one teacher manual and one student manual.
Bear Fruit – 11 lesson addressing Christian responsibilities. Here converts learn about the need to have a ministry in their church. There are several lessons on stewardship and several lessons on Christian lifestyle. This “Disciple-Maker’s Packet” has 1 teacher manual and 1 student manual.
Used by churches connected to many denominational groups.
- Pentecostal Assemblies of the World
- Apostolic Name of Jesus Church
- Assemblies of the Lord Jesus Christ
- United Pentecostal Church
- many more, including numerous independent congregations.
Used by churches all over the world:
- United States
- South Africa
- Several Central and South American countries
This system is used by churches with attendance in the thousands but also works for a church plant!
More . . . so much more is provided in the packet!
- You Wouldn’t Want an Ostrich for Your Mama is my best-selling book that describes how much churches do new convert care and instructs on how to be more effective – whether with one convert or 15. Why the title? Per Job 38, an ostrich has no instinct to care for her young. A female ostrich stands tall and runs fast. However, her care for her young was to lay her eggs and then kick dust over them. Her care stopped right there! Too many churches are ostrich churches! There is no way for the church to grow if it does not take care of spiritual babies.
- The How and Why of New Convert Care will be a digital download. This book will include behavior that will keep a convert coming back for more. It includes ten letters to email your newcomers. Copy this resource as often as you want to teach your disciple-making team.
- The How and Why of Follow-up Visitation and The How and Why of Hospitality – two practical books as digital downloads. These provide more practical direction to help with evangelism and creating a welcoming environment. Again, print as many of these as you need for your local church.
- Take Root has 10 lessons for converts – you get (1) teacher and (1) student manual. These will be mailed to you.
- Bear Fruit is another 11 lessons – you get (1) teacher and (1) student manual. These will be mailed.
- Fitly Framed is 6 lessons as a digital download. Fitly Framed is where you will find a place to put converts to work. With this resource, you print out the student and teacher material as often as you need. Each one of these products will help you STOP being an ostrich church and START developing new disciples.
- If Everybody Here Were Just Like Me . . . What Kind of Church Would This Church Be? is a great tool to teach church or converts. This book helps you envision the making of a great church – from God’s perspective!
Because disciple-making is such an integral part of pastoral care, three additional books are part of this packet:
- The Science of Shepherding – Pastoral Care for the 21st Century Thousands of “Science of Shepherding books have been sold to people all over the world. The down to earth insights can be put to use immediately.
- Revival in a Plain Brown Wrapper – Taking care of converts is part of the brown wrapper of revival. Disciple-making is not gaudy. It is hard work, but work that can be done in a church of any size and at any location.
- Healthy Church – Start Here – A church can be large but not healthy. It depends on how whether the church is reproducing. There are 19 primary reasons for a church to be unhealthy. Several of these have to do with the care of converts. All 19 can be overcome. Learn how to lead a “healthy church.”
Learn how to make disciple-making strategic, intentional and EFFECTIVE!
The end product of the church is not just to make converts. The end product – DISCIPLES! The Disciple-makers Packet will provide a return on your investment with retaining even one convert.