The word “new” includes books published in 2011 and 2012. I’ll explain why each book should be bought and give some strengths and weaknesses. You then look them over and decide whether the book is for you.
- The Pull of the Future by J.T. Pugh – We discovered more of the late Bro. Pugh’s writing and also some audio materials. Warning – these chapters are compelling and in some ways indicting. Bro. Pugh lived pursuing the future. He never quite settled down to normal. This particular book is not filtered as much as The Battered Stake published in 2011. You can hear his voice and track his wanderings as he flowed toward his destination. Visit the PPH display at General Conference to buy the book. It is also available on Kindle.
- Among the Reapers by various church planters – This material comes straight from the Church Planters UPCI Facebook group. It has seven chapters gathered according to topic and answers from a 2 hour online “Q & A” with Church Planter David Bernard. Contributors are Apostolic. It includes material from Scott Phillips, Art Wilson, Lee Stephens, Rex Deckard and dozens more. This is challenging, and practical. Recommended for current or future church planters and those who’d like a better understanding of the exciting things happening in the world of kingdom growth here in North America. Visit the PPH display. Available on Kindle
- The How and Why Compilation on USB by Carlton L. Coon Sr. I like a bargain and think you do. I like practical application and think you do. So I’m free to encourage you to look at this less expensive approach to my three “How and Why” books. The How and Why of New Convert Care, . . . of Follow-up Visitation and . . . of Hospitality are collected on a cutting edge credit card styled USB drive. The cost for the USB is 1/3 less in cost than the three books and you have approval to print multiple copies to better train your church and team. A bargain and a blessing! Available at PPH or Truth-Publications.com. The books are also in print and available at both sites and will soon be on Kindle. Recommended to anybody who is interested in church growth.
- The Battered Stake by J. T. Pugh – This was printed in 2011. So far we’ve had three reprints. It has been a best-seller on Kindle. J.T. Pugh had a unique perspective on the work of the Lord. He believed and felt to take action for this message to be advanced to the four corners of the earth. He was particularly focused on expanding the churches in North America. This one needs to be in your library. Available on Kindle and at PPH.
- You Wouldn’t Want an Ostrich for Your Mama by Carlton L. Coon Sr. – This is about maturing your spiritual young. The Lord spoke to Job about the inadequacies of the maternal instincts of an ostrich. She simply has no interest in caring for her young. This book includes thoughts about how a young man named Mephibosheth was permanently lamed by a nurse’s haste. Is your church an ostrich church? It doesn’t have to be! What percentage of those you convert are around five years later? How many of them are actively involved in ministry? We need a “NO MORE OSTRICHES!” campaign to make sure every church is ready to take care of those who are spiritually new born. This and my book Master-Full Preaching – restoring the place of good news preaching respond to great needs in the modern church. You Wouldn’t Want an Ostrich for Your Mama is available at PPH Sales, on Kindle or at Truth-Publications.com